Wednesday, November 3, 2010

More Paint

This is an entirely different palette; one completely calculated and planned before even one stroke hits the page.  I use this method primarily with gouache (and occasionally egg tempera).  I basically create an entire color family and then use various combinations to make a series.
This particular palette is from Fall 2008.  The series was a group of 'paintings' that were gouache on layers of vinyl.  I have yet to decide the best way to document the actual paintings but I thought it necessary to take photos of the palette all laid out.  This is the biggest premixed palette I've made to date at a whopping 120 shades, tints, and tones.
This kinda thing drives normal people nuts but is just one of my many productive compulsions.

No comments:

Post a Comment