Saturday, November 20, 2010

Tweek and Craig

Tweek and Craig are two bettas that I acquired in Spring 2008.  They were the last in a rather long string of fish I named after Southpark characters (though the only bettas).  I had Tweek for a little over a year and Craig for almost two years.

Tweek was a crowntail betta.  I always enjoyed watching him: though the tips of his crowntail fins were actually more a transparent white color, you could see the royal blue of the curtain behind him and it amplified the intensity of his aggression when he flared at his neighbor bettas.
The necessity to keep male bettas in separate bowls was obvious almost constantly during the time I had Craig (right) and Tweek especially.  I also had two other older bettas I'd had already awhile.  Close together they were always flaring at each other...They were really beautiful and graceful to watch as they were perched on the window sill adjacent to my bed.

Craig was one of my longer-lived bettas.  He barely didn't make it back to South Dakota; he died a week before I moved home last Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment