Friday, November 12, 2010

I love you, truly...truly dear

As far as my fish chronicles are concerned, I know I made a post awhile back about my little goldfish Truly Scrumptious and Caracticus Potts...However, they've grown a lot and they no longer live in the little 10 gallon tank I have, but my big 55 gallon tank.  So here's the little buggers.  I got them in January 2009 and named them for the main characters in my favorite childhood movie Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.


Truly is a red cap oranda goldfishOrandas are known for their wens, the large hood over their face and around their eyes.  The wen gets larger as they get older.

Characticus Potts is a black moor (telescope eye) goldfish.  Black moors are known for their large protruding eyes, which are misleading in that their vision is more limited than other varieties of goldfish.  As they get older, they gradually change color starting with the underbelly.

These two varieties of goldfish are personal favorites of mine.  Truly is my second oranda and Characticus is my third black moor.

No comments:

Post a Comment