Saturday, November 27, 2010

Mixed Thoughts

I just put about ten of my midsized guppies in the 55 gallon tank with my 2 monster koi and 3 large goldfish.  It's mostly population control because my 10 gallon tank is way too crowded and I just noticed new small babies.  I feel kinda bad making them chow for my others but I also kinda like giving the big guys something to play with.  The guppies have been in there for almost an hour and the large ones have mostly stuck to the small amount of regular food I put in there shortly after the guppies.  It was actually quite amazing watching my goldfish slurp up the food but not a guppy (which is the same size and shape).  It's like they and the koi don't want to eat the little guppies with the light on.  But I guarantee they'll be gone by morning...midnight snacks to my bigass porkers.  I do feel a little guilty about the guppies but I just don't care about them as much...they are a much more impersonal fish than the others.  And now the babies have a little more room to grow.  At least until the next time I have to trim the numbers in that tiny tank...

No comments:

Post a Comment