Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Baha'i Temple

In the Summer 2005, I was living with some family friends in the southwest suburbs of Chicago (between my 2nd and 3rd semesters at SAIC).  One random day, Jim took Mere and me on a day trip around the Chicago area.  I've long since forgotten where exactly we went for most of the day since I was still a relatively new resident of the Windy City.  We stopped for Italian Ice in Little Italy and at a church and a little shop in the Ukrainian Village (where I purchased a CD of the Ukrainian Divine Liturgy, which I still have and still love).   The one place I'm sure we visited was the Baha'i Temple in Chicago.  Now I won't claim to know much of anything about the Baha'i religion, but I find its peaceful and accepting nature comforting in an extremely judgmental society.  We were able to go inside the temple though the pics didn't turn out.  The exterior ones did though...and here they are:



If anyone (of my hundreds of readers, hah), wants more info about the temple or the religion, check out this site...http://www.bahaichicago.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment