Saturday, January 8, 2011

Random Bit of the Day

I made a similar version of this delicious savory monkey bread recipe the other night to share with Matt and Angela.  We didn't have it at our Christmas breakfast dinner like I had hoped because apparently I forgot to request that Jessica make it (though I know I requested someone to make it!).  At any rate, it's amazingly tasty but it doesn't really follow my new diet plan very well so I won't be making it much.  But just in case any of you food-loving folks out there would like a taste of pure awesome, here is the recipe (which I requested from my sister after Christmas):

Savory Monkey Bread

1/2 cup melted butter
1 clove minced garlic
2 tsp dried parsley flakes
1 tsp dried chives
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried oregano
2 packages of refrigerator buttermilk biscuits

Mix seasoning with butter. Cut up biscuits (6-8 pcs per biscuit) and dip in butter mix, place evenly in greased fluted pan (bunt cake pan). Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 18 to 20 min or until golden brown.  Remove from pan and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment