Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Time-sucking updates

I didn't realize downloading the latest version of iTunes would be such a damn travesty...  When I went to install the new update, the computer prompted me to update my Quicktime Player as well, and now my Safari browser.  Oh but the first version of Safari I downloaded is too new for the format of my computer.  So I have to download an older version now to be compatible with both my old computer and my new iTunes download...ANYTHING ELSE???  I just wanted to organize up my music a little and now I'm downloading all sorts of shit and getting grumpy about having to re-learn iTunes...I haven't updated in over a year because I'm a creature of habit.

However, this has quickly become an even bigger headache because I still only have a version 10.5.4 and I need at least a 10.6 to get any of the compatible downloads to work.  This means I'll have to transfer all of my files to the external and do some major maintenance.  Very boring, very time consuming.  I don't think I'm going to do it right now...Z's going to wake up soon so I should go squeeze in a little workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment