Sunday, January 2, 2011

Finishing Resolute.

So, earlier I decided to pause in posting long enough to get something to eat because, though I can't smell or taste anything, my stomach was letting me know quite loudly that I needed to eat.  I ended up eating, then watching a little tv before napping for 4 hours!  I guess I needed a nap.  I still feel super gross and working out is not an option.  On the plus side, I still don't have an appetite, so I find myself not having eaten much today (and nothing too bad for me, at that).  Actually the running total stands at a banana, a small bag of Gardetto's, a small portion of Terri's sausage/bacon egg bake, a honey wheat bagel with low-fat cream cheese, and one slice of this amazing cream cheese pastry braid (that was the one real bugaboo).  Though I'm not really all that hungry right now, I think I should go make some soup to keep myself hydrated and fueled for work tomorrow.  Because even though I feel like crap, I still have to be there.  Just like this morning.  We did inventory this morning and I was pissy.  Good thing it only comes once a year.

My god, it is hard to eat...I just took another posting pause to make that soup.  It's taking forever to eat because I have to stop between bites to catch my breath.  What really sucks is that I know this soup is awesome, but it seems completely flavorless to me right now.   :(

Anyways, I wanted to kind of finish up my aforementioned resolutions since I got pulled away earlier by the land of nod...as far as what type of workouts I plan on doing, I have the means to do the following as soon as tomorrow (illness permitting):
1. Yoga- I have a weight loss conditioning dvd and I've been recording Namaste Yoga on the dvr for awhile now, both which I enjoy because they help my flexibility.
2.  Jumping rope- in one particular place in the basement I have the required space to do some serious jumping...good way to get my heart rate up without having to freeze my a-hole off.
3.  Cardio-glide- Terri's got this kind of lame-o piece of workout equipment that has 2 positions that workout your arms and legs.  I do it from time to time but it's boring and it doesn't feel like a very good workout.
4.  Tae-bo- though I probably won't be as inclined to use Terri's Tae-bo dvds, they are still an option.
5.  Perfect Pushup- belongs to Aaron, maybe I'll see what I can do with it, but I've never been that great at pushups.
6.  Exercise Ball- I have a decent exercise ball, it's large enough for me to do some serious ab and leg exercises on.  Unfortunately, it's got nipples...stupid massage ball.
7.  Stairs and Chairs-  I've got plenty of opportunity to do every exercise imaginable with a flight of stairs and various chairs.
8.  Ab Exercises- I plan on specifically doing ab workouts nearly everyday...I want some ab definition and a flat tummy...by the summer!

When it gets a little warmer, or at least when things start to melt a bit, I'd like to gradually start running again.  And then when it's completely thawed, start riding my bike again.

The whole idea behind these lifestyle transformations is that I want to be a better version of me just for me.  I want to be strong, confident and independent.  If I feel better about myself physically, it's bound to show and maybe my personal life will see a bit more excitement.  I want to put the best version of myself out into the world and hopefully this year, I'll see a little more return (especially financially...cuz I definitely need some $$$).  I'm giving up complacency and taking on activity.

I do have a couple personal resolutions that I don't plan on sharing, but something I have to do and not just say that I'm going to do is be more proactive about getting my art out in the world and getting paid for it.  A few options to explore right away:
1.  Go back to Eastbank Art Gallery with my adult HatsonLamps items...I don't think the right person got my first e-mail attempt.
2.  Put together a show with Angela to propose at Michelle's Coffee downtown.  I'd most likely use my Recycled Beauty pieces.
3.  Approach some local interior decorating companies about doing custom nursery murals by commission.  Once I finish Z's mural (which is officially underway now), I will have two very distinct kinds of murals and two awesome examples of my capabilities as a muralist.
4.  Find some sort of venue or retail source to sell my baby hats.
That's what I've come up with so far.

Altogether I know I've got my work cut out for me, but I'm a creature of habit, so once the changes become habit...that's when I'm good like gravy.  And now, despite having taken a long-ass nap earlier, I'm going to climb into bed again and hope that I wake up tomorrow congestion-free!

No comments:

Post a Comment