Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Random Bit of the Day

I was just poking through my old sketchbooks and notebooks on my bookshelf (books, books, books...didn't think I said it enough times in that sentence).  I came across an idea notebook from high school and found this poem written inside:

Reflecting Beauty by Pamela Dugdale

Small Child, clear crystal
Bright and clear
Faceted as none before you
Catching the light from every lovely thing
and turning it to rainbow
Reflecting beauty back into the world
Making all things new


I know I liked it back when I jotted it down in my notebook but that's nothing compared to now.  Now, with a heavy anniversary looming ahead this weekend, I'm thinking about motherhood.  I've spent a huge amount of time with my nephew but he could never replace what I lost.  And I guess now that a year's gone by I can agree with Nature's assessment that 2010 was not the right time for me to become a mother.  With all I've experienced this past year I know that I can and will be a great mom...when the time is right.  Right now is the time to focus on kicking my career into the fast lane.  That's the really tricky part.  That and landing a Mr. Wonderful to father my babe(s).  But I digress...


I just read a little further along in the notebook and found that the notes carried over into early freshman year at SAIC (2004) including:
-detailed (yet cryptic) notes from a class trip to the Art Institute.
-a list of things for my family to bring out to me on their Thanksgiving trip to Chicago
-a Christmas list and shopping agenda
-the first 9 songs I emailed to my sister Jessica and her college roommate Tammy as the "Song of the Day"
-an AWFUL list of books to read, of which I've only read one. HAH!


Now if that's not a random post from beginning to end, I just don't know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment