Monday, January 24, 2011

Groovy workout

So the other night I decided to take a stab at cleaning excess crap off my computer.  Crap in the form of files that I've transferred to my external hard drive for storage, files I don't need anymore, and as it turns out duplicate files of all of my music.  I haven't even moved any photos over yet and I freed up almost 50 gigs of space!  After that I tried to download the latest version of iTunes and effectively erased my whole library and then reimported it.  I never did get that update to work; I'm downloading it off the website right now.  At any rate, I figured since I lost all my playlists I would put together a killer new workout playlist.  I've been gradually adding songs to the list for the past few days and tonight (after Evan and Melissa left) I decided to try it out.  I was busting a sweat by track 3.  It's not complete and I do plan on shuffling the track list from time to time (despite track 1 being the perfect track 1) but here's the list so far:

1.  The District Sleeps Alone Tonight by the Postal Service
2.  Umbrella Beach by Owl City
3.  Break Your Heart by Taio Cruz ft. Ludacris
4. Strangers by Portishead
5.  Sleepyhead by Passion Pit
6.  Tell Me What to Do by Metro Station
7.  Clubbed to Death (Kurayamino Mix) from Matrix Soundtrack
8.  Right Here Waiting by And Then There Were None
9.  Single Ladies by Beyonce
10.  Strawberry Avalanche by Owl City

I crapped out on the cardio around track 6 tonight since I got a decent workout in this morning.  Therefore, I'm not totally sure about the second half of the playlist.  For more creative inspiration I may have to revisit an old work-out playlist in the form of a burned CD from back in college when I would run everyday.  I know for sure track 1 is the same.  I'll be sure to repost the list once I gauge the possibilities of the songs already in it and find some other fresh funky jams to add to it.  This list will be my springboard back into running this spring when the roads thaw.  I may even be able to sport the iPod when I can bike again too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment