Sunday, January 2, 2011

Resolute.

So yesterday began a new year.  2011.

I think all the shoveling I did on New Year's Eve ushered in another nasty winter bug.  I've had the worst cold since then.  Well, that night I guess I didn't really think about it because I was celebrating.  I stayed home with Aaron, Terri, and Z.  Mark and Heather came over for awhile and we all played some Guitar Hero.  I sang just awfully because my voice dropped from the cold; so it was hilarious.  Then we played Apples to Apples, which is also funny as hell.  We had tasty snacks and tasty drinks.  I did, however, bring in the new year alone.  Sitting on the couch, watching tv, drinking rum alone.  Alone, not just being the only one in the room, but alone as in unattached.  I haven't been in a relationship in almost 3 years.  That being said, I've spent a good portion of my adult life as an independent woman and can definitely see that remaining so in the future.  Therefore, while a part of me thinks that this New Year's has been one of my least epic ever, I plan on embracing the lameness by setting goals for myself with a strong resolve to keep them.  It is the perfect time.  And so...
My New Year's Resolutions for 2011:
Get Healthy, Get Fit.  To start, I'm changing my diet and eating habits.  No more skipping breakfast, no more midnight munchies.  Lots more fruits and veggies, lots less junk foods and sweets.  Milk with meals instead of soda.  Eating out on special occasions only, eating healthy menu options when out.  Sweetener in coffee instead of sugar.  Fat-free, low-fat, lite everything.  Beyond eating healthier, I want to be more physical.  I'll be home 4 days a week with Z now and I don't want to just sit around being lazy anymore.  For now the only outdoor workout I can do really is shoveling.  So the rest will be indoors.  I want to do at least a half an hour workout per day, but I can do more if I want to or have time.  Though I attempted to workout yesterday for awhile I'm thinking I may have to shake this cold before I can really dive into the physical fitness part of my resolution.  I can't breath through my nose at all and I've been having sneeze fits for the past 2 days.  I may take a nap today to see if I can speed this process along a little.  But the rest of my sleep habits are pretty fine, so that part of my daily routine won't be changed at all by the resolution to get fit and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment