Thursday, January 2, 2014

Milk Crate Bench Seat

Last week after all the rush to finish my Christmas gifts, I finally sewed the pillow for Skylar's crate bench seat.  Remember back over Labor Day when I spent all that time priming those crates?  I attached them together right away and they have been functional as storage bins for Sky's room since then.  I've had everything all ready to go for the pillow for ages but I'm procrastinator petey with things from time to time, obviously.  Anywho, here's my final result:




Here is the bench seat below Skylar's window.  I'm thinking I eventually would like to get (or make) new bookshelves for her room that would actually sit below the window and move the bench opposite the bed where her current bookshelves (which I hate) are located.  This seems like a good plan because the wall that the shelves are on now is the most open wall and would be perfect for a little play area for her.  I could even put a magnetic/dry erase board on the wall behind the bench seat.  

At any rate, I love how her room is getting cuter with every project I do for it.  The current tally of made-by-me items in Sky's room?...let's see:
Button mirror (which actually is hanging at Sky height in the bathroom right now, but was made for her room.
Bed pillows
And various scrapbooks including:

No comments:

Post a Comment