Sunday, January 5, 2014

For you, Davey Doo

In all the madness of the holiday season, I forgot to mention that something supremely terrible and sad happened.  My friend David from Chicago passed away a few days before Christmas.  I keep trying to keep myself from thinking about it because it just makes me feel horrible.  He was a sweet, wonderful and hilarious person.  We didn't really keep in touch since I left Chi but I had been sort of keeping tabs on him via his girlfriend and mutual ex-coworker Lindsey on facebook.  I feel like a terrible friend because apparently he died of cancer and I didn't even know he was sick.  I'm at a loss except to say that I feel sympathy for Lindsey and his family.  I know he will not be forgotten by anyone that knew him because of the vivacious lust for life he had.  He was so smart and funny.

Rest in Peace, David Kief
July 19, 1984-December 21, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment