Monday, January 20, 2014

It's snowing... so I'm planting.

My indoor garden is progressing quite nicely now that I've got all the seeds, more soil and containers.  Saturday morning, Sky and I ventured out to BK to see Jon for breakfast and he hooked me up with 8 pickle buckets.  After that, we stopped at Home Depot for a big heavy bag of potting soil and most of the rest of the seeds I want to grow.  I got onions, pole beans, sage, rosemary, chives, parsley, thyme, oregano, and basil.  I scoured the buckets last night and let the dry out.

Yesterday morning I noticed the tomato plants have sprouted already...
Tomatoes Day 7:

I drilled drainage holes in a few of the buckets but only planted carrots directly today...
Carrots Day 1:


I also planted some of the herbs...
Sage, Thyme, Basil and Oregano, Day 1:

I need to get another big heavy bag of soil before I can plant much more.  I also need to talk to Jon about lighting...

No comments:

Post a Comment