Monday, September 21, 2009

Returning Roses

I had another strange dream last night.  I don't remember most of it except patchy blurs.  However, the basic plot of it was my sister Jessica's wedding.  It wasn't anything like her actual wedding at all though  (except maybe the ladies being a bit grumpy about the groom's lack of involvement).  The most vivid part I can remember was right before I woke up.  After the wedding and all the festivities we ended up taking several roses back to the flower shop.  The shop was overrun with bridesmaids and flower girls preparing for another wedding.  I remember exactly how many roses we were returning: a small bouquet of six blood red roses and one long stem red rose that was in full bloom.  I still can't figure out why we were returning them at all.  I'm the kind of person who dries out the flowers I receive so as to enjoy them that much longer.  Also, at Jessica's actual wedding, there were artificial flowers and the color scheme most certainly didn't include blood red.  This was definitely the strangest dream I've had lately and I have no idea where it came from.  I am, however, enjoying my new daily recall of dreams so I'm going to keep on recording whatever I can remember when I wake.

No comments:

Post a Comment