Friday, September 18, 2009

My Chicago

 

 
I just found this collection of photos that I've had since freshman year of college.  They were mostly from a particular day I had shortly after I moved to Chicago.  I went on an adventure with several new friends who I would end up spending a substantial amount of time with that year.  I've since then sort of fallen out of touch with all of them but I still think about them and all those great memories from early college.  It hasn't really been that long but it seems a lifetime ago.  I have a daily reminder, in a way, because these photos led to a painting I did at the end of freshman year, a painting that presently hangs on my living room wall.  It is a collage of memories that I pieced together after being on my own in Chitown for 6 months.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment