Friday, September 18, 2009

I had the craziest dream this morning...

I had to work the last four mornings, so this being my one morning off this week I got the chance to sleep in...
It didn't work as well as I'd hoped.  I woke up when I usually do at 5:30 and then again at 6:20.  Sometime between then and when Holly came into my room to use my mirror at 7:55, I had a lucid dream that made me cackle upon waking from its hilarity...
I was at the store (something like K-mart or Shopko) near closing time.  I was shopping for a nipple for a baby bottle (presumably for one of siblings' future kids).  I picked out a pack that seemed reasonably durable for the price.  I proceeded to the check out to pay for my item.  Upon leaving the store, I opened the package and found the nipple was ripped and therefore would be useless if I tried to feed my niece or nephew with it.  I returned to the customer service counter to exchange it.  The plump woman behind the counter was in her late 50's and perpetually smiling.  She seemed friendly enough until I explained to her how I had just purchased a defective product.  She told me that "all sales are final" regardless of the state of the product.  I didn't think she was serious at first but she kept smiling and saying that I couldn't return or exchange the ripped nipple.  By this point, she had seriously pissed me off.  Her friendly smile had turned to a smug smirk as she came out from behind the counter and walked away from me.  I shouted, "this is BULLSHIT!" and chucked the nipple after her.  To my surprise, she caught it and just laughed at me.  I flipped her the bird and marched to the front of the store.  I snatched the intercom away from one of the cashiers and shouted into it a warning to all of the customers, "BEWARE what you buy at this place because ALL SALES ARE FINAL EVEN IF IT'S BROKEN!!!!"

I think my extreme over-reaction to the situation was what I found so hilarious when I first woke up.  But really I find myself over-reacting to a lot of little things lately...I gotta stop sweating the small stuff, but it seems like everything is big stuff lately.  I think I need a perspective change...

No comments:

Post a Comment