Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Food Journal: Day 7

It's days like yesterday that I knew I wouldn't want to do this but just to prove myself wrong I will anyways.  I went with all my family ladies and kids, ie: Mom, Jess and Ella, Marcy and Chloe, Terri and Z to the annual Avera Race Against Breast Cancer.  We did the family fun 1.5 mile walk as per usual.  I wish we could do the 3 mile walk again like we did before all the kids were born.  But Marcy is 33 weeks along in her pregnancy so with the addition of the walk from and to the cars the 1.5 mile walk was plenty.  The one big downfall of the whole morning was the consumption of our traditional post-race breakfast.  We went to Perkins like usual (it used to be Denny's until it became overrun with other race-goers).  And against my better judgment, I ordered based on what I was craving rather than what I knew would be better for me.  That's how I pretty much blew this whole day calorie-wise.  Just goes to show how much eating out can affect your whole plan...  In my defense, though I know it's not a good excuse, it was a celebration and a tradition to go out.  Plus Marcy's baby shower in the afternoon didn't help the diet...I guess it's my cheat day.  And I have a whole week now to bust ass before next week's weigh in.

Breakfast: (130)
banana (100)
coffee with cream and Truvia (30)

Lunch: (1700)
Perkins Buffalo Chicken Wrap with fries (1700)
2 diet coke

Dinner: (225+)
Pineapple, watermelon (30+15)
carrots, cauliflower, veggie dip (10+5+20)
fruit salsa with cinnamon pita chips (approx 150)
2 party mints, handful of mixed nuts, homemade chocolate chip cookie ball (unknown)


Snacks: (340)
2 sticks of gum (10)
string cheese (80)
pita chips and homemade hummus (250)

Workout:
Avera Race Against Breast Cancer (2 hrs)
P90X: Kenpo X (60 min)


(2395+)

Bad Ashley.  I tried to burn as many calories as possible during the day to balance my intake.  For example, I put Chloe up on my shoulders for the warmup before the race and for the stretch of the race where we walked past her other grandmother's house.  I actually didn't do it intentionally but Jessica noticed that Kathy was out on her driveway half a block off the race path waving so Chloe was able to see her from up on my shoulders and wave back.  She was kinda wild up there, especially watching what Ella was doing on Jessica's shoulders.  Of course Ella's a lot smaller.  Chloe, at 36 lbs, was plenty of weight lifting.  I was pretty sweaty by the end since it got warm out so quickly.  Last year it was frigid cold.  We showed up but we didn't actually do the walk since we had 2 new babies and Terri still recovering from her C-section.  So this year we were all pretty famished by the end of it.  Maybe next year I'll suggest we change the tradition a little again and go somewhere healthier.  Also after I let my big lunch settle in a little I did Kenpo X with long sleeves and pants on.  I thought that would be a great way to sweat out some of the ridiculous sodium that was in that wrap and fries.  I inadvertently wiped myself out though and ended up in bed around 10, asleep by 10:30.  I got up late and went to breakfast at Mom and Dad's for Mother's Day around 10 this morning.  Now, I've gotta go squeeze in a workout before I have to get ready for work.  I'll post later on today's food consumption entry...

No comments:

Post a Comment