Friday, February 15, 2013

Getting Started

So, I just got home a little bit ago from my first Norwex party.  For those unfamiliar, Norwex is a brand of household cleaning supplies sold in homes at parties and also at trade shows.  My mom hosted a party that I was unable to go to (because of work) a few weeks ago and really thought I'd be interested, not just in the products but in the mission of the company.  Her consultant, Stephanie, told her about a meeting (come to find these only happen twice a year here) for team leaders, consultants and invited guests to learn more about the company and the opportunities for growth.  I ended up at this meeting with my mom, who is not just a new avid supporter of the products but is also interested the opportunity for supplemental income and potential career growth (for me).  I was pretty convinced that the incentive to join this company is there.  I just needed to see the products in action.

Tonight.
So I kinda felt like a creep peeping in on this "couples" party that Stephanie was hosting this evening, but I really needed to see the products in action before deciding to sell them.  They are amazing.  Seriously.  Stephanie says (and so did the speaker at the meeting) that people do decide to become consultants without ever having been to a party.  So I'm not a total nut job for wanting to jump right in right?

I don't think so.  And here's why:
The Norwex mission is to improve quality of life by radically reducing the use of chemicals in personal care and cleaning.

This mission statement really states what I want to see in my life going forward for myself and my child.  I'm pretty obsessive compulsive about cleanliness so I simply cannot ignore an opportunity to equip my home with the proper tools to clean it while still keeping it safe from germs, bacteria, dust, etc.  And it's all eco-friendly!!!!!  I have been wanting so badly to incorporate more "green" practices into my every day life.  This is a perfect way AND I can make money on the side.  I do like my full-time job as a framer, but I don't see it supporting me the way I need it to in the long-term so I need to be thinking ahead.  The thought of stepping away from a full-time job with benefits to work for a company I know very little about is flabbergasting at the moment.  But it's not completely out of the question.  For example, Stephanie is a stay at home mom (of 5!).  She averages 2-3 parties per week and makes about $20,000 per year from Norwex.  Plus she gets tons of incentive gifts and products.  If I were to achieve a level of success that I could potentially be a stay at home mom that does parties on nights and weekends, I would definitely utilize the home time artistically.  I do still want my artistic practice to be a  primary aspect in my life.

I feel like I've sort of had to talk myself into this in a way.  There's always going to be a portion of myself with doubts.  I think my doubts in this situation are sort of silly and the fact is they're not.  It's normal to doubt the unknown.  I hate the saying "if it seems to good to be true, then it probably is" because it can be shockingly true.  However, I think that my decision to join the Norwex family can't be a reflection of that statement.  Some good things are truly good.  And nothing good comes without at least a little hard work.  I'm pretty sure that if I can get hit the ground running, I can really make something amazing happen for my life.



Whew...
I just read back over that...It may not sound like I'm convinced.  But I am.  I spoke with Stephanie this evening as the party was wrapping and March 5th is going to be my official signup day.  I do have to do $2000 in sales in the first 3 months otherwise I will have to pay for my start-up kit.  So, I'm going to do a little homework for myself.  I'm going to make a little post about each product so I can start familiarizing myself with them all the items Norwex has to offer.  That way I can start to put feelers out to my network of folks to get some parties booked ASAP.  I think, no, I will make this happen for myself.  It's not a question of if, it's a matter of when.

No comments:

Post a Comment