Saturday, November 16, 2013

Wine sweet whine.

Well, I decided to kill that giant bottle of wine I got last night tonight.  I went halvsies between last night and tonight.  And now I'm getting like/comment happy on Facebook.  Lame, I know.  I just posted a real live comment on a sort-of ex's post.  That rarely happens.  I hope it came off cute and funny rather than as lame and trying-too-hard.  It is, after all, the person I almost had an illegitimate child with...  Lame.  I can't believe we're still "friends" on fb.  We were only together for a hot minute before I left Chi but I still get curious whenever he posts.  I got jealous at first especially after the miscarriage but I realized after my grieving period that it just wasn't supposed to happen with us.  I dunno if it's even necessary to keep the relationship alive electronically since we rarely like/comment on each other's posts.  But somehow it's a reminder of what happened and what was lost.  I know I don't ever want to forget.  I've even made a memento, just for me.  I've thought about sharing it but I feel like it would lose something.  So it sits on a shelf on my family wall in my living room.  A part of me that I'll never forget.  And a person I encountered, though briefly, who changed my life forever.

Wow...that just got super cheesy.  My moscato is talking, for sure...I should probably head to bed considering tomorrow, Saturday morning, is the last coffee at the grandparents' for the season.  They are heading south earlier this year, so we're celebrating Thanksgiving on Sunday (a week earlier than usual).  I am sad that they will be gone thru the winter as Sky gets older and is starting to develop more long term memories...I know she loves them very much.  We're both going to miss them immensely.  I guess I'll just have to take lots of pics...

No comments:

Post a Comment