Friday, November 15, 2013

Finally an update already...

I didn't realize (though I should have) that as Skylar gets older, it's becoming more and more difficult to accomplish anything during her waking hours.  This includes blogging.  I know it's been well over a month since my last post.  In my defense, I'm still relentlessly on the hunt for a new job and now that we're quickly approaching the season of gift giving, I'm busy gift making.  I'm going to share some of my current and recently completed projects in upcoming posts but this one's more of a personal update.

The Paint the Night Pink show was amazing and successful.  I, unfortunately, did not sell my new piece as hoped but it is available for sale at my website and I will still donate 15% of the sale to the Avera Cancer Institute.  My parents came to the show so my sister-in-law Terri watched Skylar.  All in all it was a pretty great night; I even got to take my wine glass home (which is pretty cool, seeing as I've been drinking my wine from tumblers for ages).

Fast forward to Skylar's 2nd Halloween.  DJ and I took her to the Zoo Boo at the Great Plains Zoo the Sunday before the holiday.  It was quite chilly, we waited in line forever, and it was pretty boring (for us, I think because we don't really converse anymore), but Sky had a good time and got some cool treats to bring home to her dad's house.  Then, on Halloween (a Thursday), after I got off work, Sky and I met up with my brother Jon and his wife Marcy at my parents house for some trick-or-treating with their two youngest, Sammie and Nicki.  Sky was a butterfly, Sammie was a lamb and Nicki a dalmation puppy.  They all looked super adorable and we ended up walking the 3 blocks over to my grandparents' house and back as our little Halloween adventure.  Sky and I also stopped at a row of highly decorated houses on our way home.  All in all, she got enough candy that she's still working on it now, over two weeks later.


So my sister Jessica was expecting her second child near the end of October.  She was due the 28th and ended up going into the hospital on Halloween.  Apparently labor stopped so she went home and waited and waited for baby to come.  She finally went in for induction on Sunday November 10th.  And, SURPRISE!  She and Matt had a boy!  Jax Matthews was born at 8:17 pm (actually during a Norwex party of mine); he was 8 lbs 11 oz and 21.5" long.  He is absolutely precious and I can't wait to hold him again!  We were all hoping for a boy all along...I can't post pictures of his sweetness as per his parents' request, same as his sister Ella.  However, we drew names for Christmas this year and I drew Matt's name so I will be painting him a portrait of Jax and that I will be posting (like Ella's).


Aside from those few things of note, life has been the same as usual.  I am hoping for a big change soon though.  I know that when I get a better paying job, no matter the work, I will not feel so desperate all the time with my financial situation.  It will also provide me the opportunity to network and expand my Norwex business.  I just have to hope that it will happen soon so that the desperation and inevitable depression don't take over.  In the meantime, I'll be positive about my baby, my art and my family.  So be prepared for awesome in the upcoming posts...

No comments:

Post a Comment