Monday, February 11, 2013

The Prodigal Blogger Returns

The other night I was thinking: I wonder why the hell I ever stopped blogging.....then I snapped back to reality where I'm a mom now!  The last time I posted was waaaaay back when I first found out I was preggers with my sweet baby love Skylar Helen.  Um, she's 10 months old now...it's time to get back to it.  Obviously my life has changed dramastically (to quote a new fav TV show, see below) and it's gonna take more than just one post to update.  However, I've been reading back over some of my previous posts from 2009-2011 and just happened upon this gem from November 19, 2010.  I figured I'd just re-answer the questions as a mini recap of my last 20 months...

Here goes:
1. What time did you get up this morning?
- 7 am (work at 9...and I actually had to wake Skylar up right before I took her to daycare; strange since she's usually up before me)
2. How do you like your steak?
- medium to medium rare
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
- Ted, when it first came out I saw it with DJ...it was one of our first times together away from baby Sky and she was almost 3 months at the time
4. What is your favorite TV show?
- it changes frequently but right now it's Raising Hope
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
-I said Florence or Amsterdam last time I did this, which is still true but I've also got a yearning to live closer to my bestie Holly and she's back in the City of Angels with Kelly (her hubby!!! more on that later...)
6. What did you have for breakfast?
- coffee (naughty that I've fallen off the breakfast train...I gotta get back into that)
7. What is your favorite cuisine?
-still true: the all-inclusive and vague, Asian...especially sushi, Mongolian beef, crab rangoon, etc
8. What foods do you dislike?
-broccoli.  oh yea and those wafer cookies that come in vanilla, strawberry and chocolate: BARF
9. Favorite Place to Eat?
-I said Zoni Kitchen last time, which would still be true except that they closed down last summer :(  So now I would say definitely Buffalo Wild Wings as far as frequency but I LOVE LOVE LOVE me some Granite City or Braccos
10. Favorite dressing?
-balsamic vinaigrette, still
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive?
-a blue 1995 Chevy Corsica...I call it Dimples the Chevy Storm due to the hail damaged hood.  She's not pretty but she still gets me where I need to go
12. What are your favorite clothes?
-my maternity tank tops...the ruche side seams and extra length make these "wife-beaters" hella comfy
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance?
-as aforementioned, my Holly is in Cali, so to Cali I would go
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full?
-full most of the time
15. Where would you want to retire?
-the beach
16. Favorite time of day?
-morning 
17. What is your favorite sport to watch?
-I don't like to watch sports.  And you can't make me...  The Super Bowl was last Sunday and I didn't even watch the commercials.
18-20. totally irrelevant: SKIP!
21. Bird watcher?
-sure, if I see one I like
22. Do you consider yourself attractive?
-most of the time
23. Pets?
-I'm still an avid fish owner only now I'm down to just 1 of my Chicago fish my standard koi, Nathan, who is waaaay too large for his 55 gallon home at a whopping 15 inches long.  I also have 1 betta right now named Fletcher I got last fall(I got one named Stanley at the same time but he died after just a few days)
24. Any new and exciting news that you'd like to share?
- I will be moving out of my apartment in less than 3 weeks which will mark the official "callin-it-quits" date for DJ and I...more on that subject to come
25. What did you want to be when you were little?
-an astronaut, a veterinarian, and a cake decorator...simultaneously
26. What is your best childhood memory?

-basking in the dining room patches of sun with my dog Baxter as my pillow and a good book in hand 
27. Are you a cat or dog person?
-I'd say dogs, since I'm slightly allergic to cats (though I still like em) 
28. Are you married?
-no, and won't be for the foreseeable future
29. Always wear your seat belt?
-yep 
30. Been in a car accident?
-a few actually...nothing too serious though and all when I was in high school
31. Any pet peeves?
-Everything about my current living situation EXCEPT my darling Sky
32. Favorite pizza topping?
-I'm a big fan of variety these days...I love concocting my own delicious homemade pies anymore, but when I'm out-n-about I love a good buffalo chicken pizza
33. Favorite Flower?
-irises
34. Favorite ice cream?
-anything with heath bites or chocolate covered peanut butter in it
35. Favorite fast food?
-The BK Lounge...but I love me some Culvers cheese curds
36. How many times did you fail your driver's test?
-I passed on the first try
37. From whom did you get your last email?
-the last time I checked it would have been from google help since my endeavors last night to restart blogging was hindered by the red tape of account fraud protection (I started this blog using an email addy that doesn't exist anymore and couldn't remember my password.  Also I already have a google account with my yahoo addy so I couldn't change the primary addy in the old account...with a lil smarts I got it to work, though I'm stuck with 2 google accounts now and no way to link them)
38. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
-either Blick or Utrecht... and I know now I could definitely max out at Michaels
39. Do anything spontaneous lately?
-not especially (which sucks, I should change that!)
40. Like your job?
-definitely...though obviously retail can really suck too.  For the record, I am back with Michaels (since about the end of my 1st trimester).  I worked there and at Jimmy Johns, both part-time, thru the duration of my pregnancy.  After my ridiculously short maternity leave (12 days), I was able to go back to work at Michaels part-time for about a week before being promoted to full-time framer in early May last year.  Our department manager Linda finally made the move to Arizona as she'd been talking about for ages, opening up her position for Angela and Angela's position for me.  It's nice to finally have a full-time job with benefits (though I waited 6 months for them!)
41. What was your favorite vacation?
-still gonna be my road trip in May 2009 from LA to Chi with my Holly
42. How about who's your favorite actor/actress?
-Johnny Depp/Angelica Huston
43. Last person you went out to dinner with?
-no dinners lately but I had breakfast with my mom and baby on Saturday; oh and lunch with my sister, her kiddo and mine last Thursday
44. What are you listening to right now?
-the burbling water of the fishtank
45. What is your favorite color?
-yellow
46. How many tattoos do you have?
-still 5, but I've got idears wiggling around upstairs that will come to fruition with the onset of some extra cash
47. Coffee drinker?
-an avid one...but I have to limit myself to just a cup or 2 in the morning
48. How many children do you have?
-one, Skylar Helen is my heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment