Thursday, February 21, 2013

Miss Popular

It never ceases to amaze me how many people stop me with Skylar when we're out and about running errands.  This morning our trip to the grocery store was no different.  She wasn't feeling a hundred percent after her little flu stint yesterday so she didn't really react much to all the attention.  Nearly every employee that we passed stopped to talk to her or to me about her.  It must have been a delivery day because there were "helpful smiles" 2 and 3 to each aisle.  Even the deli man behind the counter we don't even go up to ever said hello to my beautiful girl.  And amidst all the attention Skylar didn't smile even once and several times people thought she was a boy!  It still baffles me how people can still be mistaking that.

Anyways, I'm also trying to wrap my head around the idea of Skylar not being with me every single night and morning.  As it is, one week from today will be my last morning with her sleeping in the next room and her dad sleeping next to me.  It makes me tired just thinking about it and I'm pretty sure I'll just wing it when the time comes.  So instead of thinking about that, I'm going to find something else productive to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment