Friday, December 10, 2010

Work work work and sick to boot

I woke up very fluish early this morning, after having gone to bed pretty late...It was a Z day so I was home for the day and then worked again this evening.  I've got lots of hours this week and it's been kinda nutso.  I went to Matt and Angela's house last night for a little art night.  Strange thing is that both Angela and I were sick sick sick this morning.  Actually she was all day.  I stopped feeling nauseous long enough to eat earlier.  But I've been feeling queasy since shortly before I left for my shift.  Despite having had very little but water today, I'm still debating whether to try eating something before bed.  Better not; better safe than sorry.
Anyways, my key projects outside of work now are Christmas presents for my family.
I'm still pondering Mom and Dad, though I'm considering buying a ready-made open back frame for one of my paintings that is hanging in their house.  I'm pretty sure the size is 16" x 20" but I'll prolly sneak over there during the day to measure and to check how wide a frame can fit in the space allowed.
For Aaron and Terri, I'm thinking of basically doing a scaled back version of Ella's nursery mural only frog-themed.  I'd probably be able to use the leftover paint from Ella's if it's still good.
For Jessica and Matt, I want to do 2-8" x 10" paintings; one of little Miss Ella herself and one of Blue and Peewee.
I'm still not sure what to do for Jon and Marcy yet, though another open-back frame for the painting I did for their wedding is a potential idea.
For Chloe, I'm doing a small gouache painting of my goldfish silhouettes forming transparencies by overlapping.  I plan on putting it in a little float frame...I know it's not a super exciting gift for an almost 4-year old but knowing her dad and stepmom, she'll have it forever.
For Ella and Z, I'm making them baby hats...a monster or 2 for Ella, a bear and a basic brown hat for Z.
That about covers everyone.

I totally lost a ton of potential work time today on my gifts because of this nasty bug.  L.A.M.E.
I just didn't feel like painting...you know something's wrong with me if I don't want to paint.  Sheesh.
Well, I don't work till 2 tomorrow so I may indulge on some breakfast in bed (ie my guilty pleasure show on soap net) and paint.  I look forward to real breakfast too...my morning today was just all sorts of outta whack without my coffee.  And with that I bid you adieu...

No comments:

Post a Comment