Friday, March 25, 2011

Uuuugghh, It's been 2 weeks already!

Once again I must scold myself for being a crappy blogger.  I actually even looked at my blog on Sunday, thought the same thing as I am now and then closed the browser.  Life's been crazy and busy since my last post...

Actually the day after my last post I had a birthday at the Pavilion followed by my mom's birthday dinner at Qdoba.  The following Tuesday was Angela's birthday which we ended up celebrating last Saturday night with the tasty first cookout of the season, tons of liquor and our first sleepover. 
Then last Sunday started the Wellness Challenge at Michaels.  I've submitted my steps diligently every day so far and have thus been entered in the prize drawing.  Since I won the pedometer, I've been tracking the steps I've been taking as well as the conversions for other activities.  I've come to realize after watching myself over the course of this week's Z-days that I have a  problem with getting my daily number of steps in if I do not supplement the day's walking with exercise.  Though the wellness challenge is only counting steps, it's keeping me accountable for being active every single day.  Like the number on the pedometer screen by early afternoon is so low that I have to compensate for it by vigorously working out.  Tuesday I did Kenpo X in the evening, which is an hour.  Wednesday I did the 90-minute Yoga X.  Yesterday I started the Legs/Back/Ab Ripper X workout and had only done 30 minutes of it when Aaron came home early and wanted to do his workout of Kenpo X.  So I did that with him instead of finishing the legs and back or starting Ab Ripper.  Later I went for a walk with Terri; she's been going every night but it was my first tag-along.  I may do Core Synergistics or Cardio X this afternoon before work... After a couple crappy weigh-ins this week is gonna be the big one, hopefully.

Most of my spare time (beyond exercise time) this past couple weeks has been spent preparing for my crochet class at Michaels.  I've also started the after school art program with the Pavilion.  I go visit a couple of middle schools on Mondays and Tuesdays to teach the after school crowd some arty things.

Ahh I hear the Z-man cooing, finally up for the day.  I'll try not to wait so long to post again.

No comments:

Post a Comment