Tuesday, March 8, 2011

It's a long and late one...

I've been a bad bad blogger... I know, it's been a whole week since my last post.  But in my defense, I had the flu last week.  I actually tried to do another P90X workout last Tuesday when I was overcome with nausea and dizziness.  I thought it was just muscle fatigue from the other 2 workouts but it was unfortunately the onset of a nasty case of the flu.  I actually missed work Wednesday night because of it.  I also had a crappy weight loss week too...stayed pretty much the same.  I guess I'd rather have it be that way than have lost a few pounds due to dehydration and gain it back this week.
 
I hosted a princess-themed birthday party at the Wash Pav on Saturday which was INSANE.  I had to paint 14 six-year-old girls' faces.  I think I'm going to have to practice on Chloe (and likely myself) a little bit for next time so that I can move a little more quickly.  Either that or request another host to help with that many kiddos.  I'm trying to get more parties progressively and I'm pretty sure I will be helping out with the Action Arts after school program with the Pavilion.  Hopefully that'll bring some extra income in.

I'm also knee-deep in the certification course for the crocheting class that I will be teaching at Michaels very very soon.  I haven't got any classes scheduled yet but I've started to make my samples and think about how I'm going teach each stitch and technique.  I'm actually surprised at how much work is involved in the class certification, but I don't really mind.  It's like a refresher course for me and I'm sure I'll learn some new things to add to my ever-growing arsenal.

I didn't do much along the lines of working out while I was ill last week so today was the day to ease myself back into it.  I did my 45 minute-long yoga video Yoga Conditioning for Weight Loss plus I shoveled the driveway which took about 40 minutes.  I think the video has gradually become too easy for me.  I've been trying to get Terri to try it or Angela to borrow it because it was a great tool for me to begin yoga.  However, I used to do yoga to that dvd very consistently (ie nearly daily) the summer I lived in Lisle and it, like I said, is no longer challenging.  The Namaste Yoga show, on one hand is almost elementary in some aspects, but on the other hand they frequently toss in such advanced poses that I couldn't even dream of doing at my best.  Since I discovered the P90X yoga is quite challenging and though there are a couple impossible poses, it is very doable.  Therefore, it will henceforth be my go-to yoga workout.

Speaking of workouts, Michaels just started this new sort of wellness plan; I got the info for it on Sunday.  The deal is that if I registered online at this website (www.livewellknowhow.com) yesterday as early as 7 am, I'd be part of this challenge for which there are many killer awesome prizes.  Since I was one of the first 5000 Michaels employees to register I get a kit that includes a pedometer and a few other coolish things.  The actual challenge doesn't start until Sunday March 20th.  It goes for 4 weeks.  The premise is to count one's steps (hence the pedometer) in every day and log them on the website.  For every day that I reach just 10,000 steps I'll be entered into a drawing for some weekly prizes like gift cards.  I'll also be entered in a drawing to win a Grand Prize of a Wii Fit, Kinect with Dance Central, or a gym membership.  As I said, the actual challenge won't start until March 20th (by then I'll have the pedometer) but I was able to go on the website and convert my 2 main workouts for today into 'steps' and just those 2 without any of my other actual 'steps' added up to 10912 steps!  I've totally got this thing in the bag if I can be diligent about recording my steps, wear my pedometer every day, and make sure I post my steps on the website.  Actually getting the required 10,000 steps, I foresee, will be the easiest part.  I really want some cool prizes!

Well, this afternoon I decided to use my old bananas to make some tasty, healthy banana bread.  This is the recipe that I used:  Healthy Banana Bread Recipe  The only difference was that I did not have wheat flour so I used white through and through.  Also, when Aaron got home he said Terri was going to do P90X with him and asked if I could make dinner.  I ended up making something incredibly tasty on the fly.  It went a little something like this:
 In a cake pan pour one can of cream of chicken soup, one can of water, and one cup of long-stem (slow cook) brown rice.  Mix in some veggies; I used green beans, cut up baby carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower.  Season the mix with minced garlic, chives, ginger, and minced onions as well as a couple tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce (all of mine were dried seasonings but of course fresh is best).  Then bury 3 lean boneless chicken breasts in the mixture.  Bake it at 425 degrees Fahrenheit covered in foil for 30 min.  Remove the foil, stir, bake for another 15-20 minutes or until the rice cooked to desired consistency.  Soooooo good!
I thought it was pretty delicious for being completely made up.  And also, I think it was fairly healthy too.  I think I should try making up recipes more often! :D

Well, this novel of a post will teach me to not go so long between posts anymore.  I can't promise anything, but I'll try to be a more diligent blogger instead of the bad kid that hardly ever posts...

No comments:

Post a Comment