Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Wakey wakey, tasty egg bakey

Another apartment woe:  the horrendously loud dishwasher.  The first time I heard it I described it as T-rex mating season in my kitchen.  And the reason it sounds like that is because it is literally tossing the light-weight dishes around inside the washer (I can hear them bouncing around in there now!).  I decided that I should get it loaded and run it right before I leave for work or where ever whenever I can.  But we're running low on dishes so it's running now...how annoying.  Once my dish tabs are gone, maybe I'll switch to hand washing all my dishes instead of just the knives and pans...it would save me in electricity and really is the greener thing to do.

Anywho, onto the more interesting.  I'm making one of my tasty egg bakes for breakfast since I've got the morning off and am home with Sky.  Such a goon: she just shoved about 3 big bites of egg bake in her mouth all at once!  My egg bakes are SUPER easy and really quite tasty.

This one went like this:
I sprayed a small square baker and layered it with one can (10 ct) of small refrigerator biscuits.  Over that I put a layer of cooked and cut up little sizzlers sausages.  Over that I poured about 7 eggs whisked with a bit of milk.  And finally a layer of shredded cheese.  I baked it at 350 degrees for about a half an hour...voila! Breakfast:


My chubby monkey eating a (whole!) banana after dominating her portion of egg bake.

No comments:

Post a Comment