Friday, June 17, 2011

Butterflies

I got 'em...there, I said it.  Mr. Nice and I are going out tomorrow and I'm really excited.  We've only talked once since last weekend but we've texted back and forth throughout the whole week and I know he's looking forward to it too.  I had an extremely crappy afternoon with Z and just the thought of tomorrow made me smile.  It still does.  Though I'm kinda being a nut job a little.  By this I mean I've been cleaning and packing and whatnot for the last few nights on the off chance that he comes here tomorrow.  I'm less that 2 weeks away from moving so obviously packing is a good idea at this point.  However, the vigorous cleaning and packing away of things is because I'm definitely not ready to reveal all my crazy on the first real date.  I really like him so I don't wanna scare him away right away.  I say this slightly in jest but also seriously.  I don't know why I haven't had any decent luck keeping a man in my life so far.  Looking back now at 25, my longest relationship ever was only 8 months...and that was a stretch, believe me.  That relationship was doomed after 5 months, even 4 maybe.  So, my nerves about blowing things with Mr. Nice too soon are understandable.  At least I'm not carrying any baggage from my past...I'm sure that should be at least a little bit of a plus for him.  I've been single pretty much steady for close to 3 years so I think it's about time something good happened for me.  Curse these wretched nerves! haha  The cool part is that I'm totally enjoying all the funky feelings that are the resulting feelings from a mutual like interest.  I suppose after this ramble I can't really say 'I won't say much' but I will say that I have every intention of keeping the real details to myself.  Secrets like that are the best because you're the only one that knows them.  I would, however, like to sum up that I have overall been very happy and excited all week all because of Mr. Nice.  Preparations for my folks' anniversary luau coming up tomorrow has been a great distraction so far to keep me from metaphorically grasping for tomorrow night desperately.  I really am more of a romantic than a cynic so I'll end with the cliche: I just can't wait! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment