Friday, February 27, 2015

Day 1

I do not claim to be a very fashion forward woman.  I only recently have had the flexibility in my daily work wardrobe to be creative with what I wear.  Actually, in my job now, how I look could potentially affect my income: I have to look like I know color and design.  Obviously I do, but I've been stuck wearing jeans and khaki, black and white for YEARS!!!  So I've been gradually adding new pieces to my wardrobe over the last 4 months.  Over the last 3 days, I've been working to put together a fully coordinated working wardrobe complete with shoes and accessories.  I put together about 40 outfits with only accessory/shoe overlap.  It started as a little cold-day project to streamline the daily process of getting ready for work.  It snowballed into figuring out a way to utilize as many garments and accessories from my collection as possible, especially pieces not frequently used.
I am actually pretty amazed at how everything came together so I've decided I need to share my looks as I wear them at work this coming month or so.  Since I have 40 outfits, I figured I call the project 40 Days of Fashion.  I basically know what I'm wearing to work for the next 8 weeks.  Yay!

I went through the all looks yesterday and took pics to share of how I think I'll wear them when each day comes but I'm sure I'll shuffle things up a little here and there.  I figured I would take pics of each look as I wear it and share those along with.

So here's Day 1...

The Look:
A simple black dress with a fancy shawl scarf belted at the waist with slim gray leggings, black boots and dangly olive colored earrings.  The short knit olive scarf is one from my handmade collection.



 I tried to get a few shots of the look before work but I still haven't figured out where the best place in my tiny lame apartment is to get a clear shot.  This is one I snapped after work that gives a pretty good idea of how it turned out.
Accessories :)


Overall, I like the look and may wear it again.  I put a long-sleeved black shirt under the dress due to the arctic chill today and I popped on some black leg warmers too for extra warmth.  So, it could easily translate into a spring look without the layers and with a different scarf or footwear.

I would like to think the quality of the photos will improve as the project progresses but if not, THIS IS YOUR DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT A PHOTOGRAPHER.  :)  Just an artist that takes quick pics.




No comments:

Post a Comment