Friday, November 15, 2013

Little Foot

Recently I decided to take my Mother's Day gift from earlier this year (the awesome one I made for myself) and my gift from my own mom and combine them into a sweet little shadowbox.

The item I made is a little salt dough impression of Skylar's foot.  It says "Skylar Helen, May 12, 2013, 13 mo."  I painted it with nail polish because I've always liked how it shines despite never using it on my fingers and rarely on my toes.  I also embellished with a ribbon and beads.  In the base of the box are 6 yellow dried roses that I received from my mom on the holiday which shares the weekend annually with the Avera Race Against Breast Cancer.

The completed project now resides on the family wall of my living room:

I also made a salt dough impression with my grandmother's hand, my mother's hand, my hand and Skylar's hand.  I baked it but I haven't decide how I'd like to paint it so it's sitting on the back burner with a handful of other projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment