Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Off again but busy as usual.

Well well, I finished up my vacation last week and worked then 5 days in a row over the weekend.  After work each day I was primarily on the hunt for a new job.  Today's my day off and I had 2 interviews already.  I'm not sure how I feel about either but I've got a followup with one of them on Thursday.  I've been thinking and worrying a lot lately about my financial situation and I feel like I'm finally making the right decision that will help ease the stress.
I had a profound private message conversation on Facebook last night with my best friend.  We haven't talked in ages because our lives are so distant and different now.  I know that she and I will both benefit strongly if we make an effort to speak more often.  Hers and mine is a one-of-a-kind friendship that spans distance and time.  I have always felt I could tell her anything.  I miss her dreadfully and I hope we'll talk again soon...

Anyways, now that Sky and I are back home for the day, she's napping and I have somethings I'd like to accomplish:
I've got lots of fresh produce from my parents' and grandparents' gardens that needs to be made more delicious.  I've got green beans, tomatoes and zucchini plus a red bell pepper and some bananas in the freezer too.  I've got mushrooms that'll turn soon if I don't saute them up and some potatoes that could use cooking too.  I'd like to cook up a few base meals to have for the upcoming week.  Our grocery budget is extremely tight this week so I'd like to limit the list of things I have to get before payday.  So, I better get cooking soon.
Another project, I've been, of course, consistently moving forward with my Pink Project for the Paint the night Pink Exhibition.  That reminds me, I need to email the director...  I've got some great progress shots so far though as I've been taking pics between the various layers I've added to the board.  It's starting to have some very interesting and beautiful things happen.  I decided pretty early on that despite actually taking progress shots, I didn't want to share them until the project is complete.  So, when it's done, I'll have a play-by-play progression, a story of what brought me to the finish.
Aside from those I've got some general housework and other things here and there to do so I better get moving while the young one sleeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment