Thursday, September 12, 2013

Food-making marathon

So I went on a food making rampage Tuesday and today...

To start I made garlic and chive buttery mashed potatoes.

Then I roasted some tomatoes using this recipe: Oven Roasted Tomatoes.
my tomatoes pre-roasting...

and post roast!
I also roasted a red pepper and made a simple hummus recipe (sans the citrus) using this recipe: Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

 Then I grilled some veggies and chicken out on my deck.  I used a balsamic vinaigrette dressing as marinade for both and some rosemary.
my chicken and veg pre-grill
I used the last of my zucchini to make something very much like this recipe: Zucchini parmesan crisps.  I just used my Chuck Wagon fish and chicken breading instead of bread crumbs.  They were so easy and so damn delicious I didn't take any pics cuz I ate them straight off the pan!

Between Sky and I we finished the grilled veggies and the zucchini chips, but the leftover chicken I used in tonight's dinner: pasta bake.  I pureed the roasted tomatoes into a sauce for the bake.  I combined the sauce, the chicken, some fresh green beans and alfredo sauce and poured it over cooked tri-color rotini pasta in a pan.  Then, I topped the whole thing with parmesan and mozzerella and baked it until it was crispy around the edges and the sauce was bubbling.

This afternoon I made a batch of Apple Banana Cupcakes.  I think they're a little more like muffins but they're tasty, so who cares!


I also made a double batch of Banana Overload Oatmeal Cookies but without the nuts (since I didn't have any) so I iced some of them.  They're tasty either way:

No comments:

Post a Comment